January 4, 2012

Pardon the dust! Day 25 on the countdown...

Notice!  If you do not want the update for today...at least view the video at the bottom, it will be worth it!

So, today I decided to clean house so to speak on the blog.  I just felt that since we would be meeting the twins soon, I couldn't handle having the background be a drab brown anymore. 

I don't have the kinks worked out yet but I will keep working on it...it does look and feel a bit more cheery, but perhaps not quite right yet. 

Oh, I also need to explain what we decided to do in terms of the money we have yet to fundraise.  I had prior put that we just needed to pay for our plane tickets....well, we still need that same amount but I had to use the money to order the plane tickets.  The cost of the plane tickets would likely go up if we waited whereas the other amounts will stay the same.  So now we have the issue once again of having the appropriate amount of clean cash in time for travel to pay for all of the expenses such as the attorney fees, passports, lodging and food etc.

We also are praying daily that we will receive some assistance via a grant.....I had no idea when filling out the paperwork for various grants months ago that it would truly come down to every dollar and how much we would need them.

  I also know that fundraising is going to be soooo much harder once the twins are home.  We are in an unusual situation in which we will be hosting them at home but the adoption will not be finalized until after the third trip.  Thankfully, the next two trips will be much less costly as they will be very short and the second trip only requires one parent to travel.  The third trip will require the one parent and the twins to travel.

There are pros and cons with this unusual situation for an international adoption.  Definitely the pros outweigh the cons....the bottom line is that once we meet them and fall even more in love with them and begin to make true bonds, we will not have to leave them behind as so many international adoptive parents must do.  I feel quite blessed and deeply appreciative.

So tonight I am feeling appreciative and thankful.  Partly because I listened to the following song that someone posted on Facebook.  It is a song that is sung by the young children at our church and this rendition really touched me....and though it is simple, it is motivating me to do better.  And, helping me to be aware that I *need* to do better because though I often think that I am "trying to be like Jesus"....I often fall short of what this song describes.  Here is David Archuleta singing, "I'm trying to be like Jesus" (please don't let the still shots distract you in the middle of the video...it only lasts a short time.)


Here are the lyrics:
 I’m trying to be like Jesus;
I’m following in his ways.
I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,

2. I’m trying to love my neighbor;
I’m learning to serve my friends.
I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
I try to remember the lessons he taught.
Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:

Chorus
“Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught.”

Hoping that all of you feel my love and appreciation for you...Til tomorrow my friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!